Monday, October 10, 2005

Iced tea

Iced tea. Just about the cheapest soft drink in the world - usually cheaper than bottled water.
Just about the only drink that was traditionally refilled.

So tonight I'm steamed over iced tea. Three 8oz. glasses. $2.00 each (plus tax and tip).

This was at a nice restaurant in Parsippany, NJ. I didn't expect them to continuously refill a 32oz. tumbler of Mountain Dew for me, but this is iced freakin' tea. In a little bitty glass.

At a buck twenty-five, I probably would have grumbled, but not complained. For $2.00, I was upset. The line the waitress used was, "Can I get you another iced tea?" Which of course gets a nod. Then she disappeared and I had to ask one of the busboys. Same line the next time, with a quicker return, at least.

I'll try to be less whiny in the future. The spaghetti bolognese was tasty, if oversauced, and Julie & Julia continues to entertain. She had lobster while I ate pasta.

No comments: